Friday, June 25, 2010

The IOU

So, I'm in Columbia visiting some friends, right? Several months ago, it was still cold.


So one night, Andy, Bill, and I were deciding on evening entertainment and being gaming sorts eventually settled on Tequila shots for refreshment and Cribbage for sport. The suggestion was made that we should throw in a dollar a game to make it more interesting. Great. I've got singles. Andy had one or two singles, enough if you jump out early. Bad night for Andy. RT was getting some pretty bodacious cards. Bill got a lot, too. Andy had to throw in IOUs rather than walking out to his car to get additional one dollar bills.

Anyway, after several games I came out a dollar or two ahead, everybody was pretty close, as you'd expect as you get a decent sample size. However, I managed to end up with an IOU from Andy. (I'm kind of liking the idea) After going to his car when we went out to smoke, he came in gave Bill a dollar for his IOU, and handed a dollar to me. I didn't take it. I just grinned. "I don't want your money, I'm keeping this IOU forever. You'll owe me for eternity!" Or something close to that.

As you can see, I finally got it framed. It's been on my refrigerator door for months with Mini Tornado's artwork.

He tried again at the float trip this year. I don't remember my exact words, but it was something that clearly related negative acknowledgment. It's possible that it rhymed with truck tow, but I can't remember exactly.
Happy Shooting,
RT

No comments:

Post a Comment